Sunday, November 15, 2009

Well, well, well...what does one write when one is over the moon? Why is it that words come tumbling out when you're angry or sad or upset but they totally fail you when you are ecstatic? I am at such a juncture now. Am truly at a loss for words here...but write something I will. I once talked about how the grief and desperation of a loved one can pull you into a dark abyss, about how sometimes love's not enough. Today, I stand corrected. I say it with no small amount of pride that love does conquer all. Today, I feel the power of love, yet again. The power of young, blind love that sweeps away all things dull and petty, the kind of love that makes you realize how beautiful and special you are; how you are the most important person in the whole wide world and how you are the one that only you were meant to be.
Love is the magic wand that transforms your life with one swish and you suddenly know that fairy tales do come true...that there really is someone made just for you and that you can find your "happily-ever-after" just with him.
It's the magic potion that gives you the greatest high ever. It's the elixir of life.
It's the hand you reach out for whenever you're down and out....it's the body you seek next to you even when you're deep asleep....it's the voice you yearn to hear whispering sweet lil nothings in your ears....it's the hair you want to run your hands through...the smell you want to keep breathing in....it's just you and the other person and it's just you both as one.

Now, before I totally fly off the handle, I guess I'll sign off. God bless all of us who're in love!

1 comment:

Beneath the Green Miles said...

I feel like the LUCKIEST person on earth...So much love..in so many beautiful ways...that I find it hard to contain it all....YET I WANT EVERY BIT OF IT...:)
Love you!!!